Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I just can’t catch a break with this car

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
allanhelen

Re: I just can’t catch a break with this car

Post by allanhelen » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:55 am

Well another week has passed and the car is still not back so that is a month without it so far this time. still it has some way to go to beat the 7 weeks it was in the sealers last time.

All the parts are apparently on their way but even if they arrived today there is a weeks worth of work to do on the car to put everything back together.

I'm in two minds now after the car will have had so many major components changed whether to give it another chance and try and get some of my money back out of it as i do enjoy driving it when its working, or just bite the bullet and swap it sooner rather than later.

Reusch

Post by Reusch » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:53 am

I feel your pain pal mines been in 3 weeks still not sorted I'm constantly looking at leasing options but we really need another 6 months trouble free motoring really to justify the money spent on it.
JFT96.YNWA

Current
Jaguar XF

Previous
Porsche Cayenne 3.2 (money pit)
BMW X5 3.0D
Mercedes C Class,Mazda RX8,Jaguar S Type 3.0.

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear it's still waiting to be fixed.

I would get it back and give it a few weeks and then if okay hang on to it, or if it's still out of favour with you then trade it in as sometimes you wonder what next.

Graeme
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

allanhelen

Post by allanhelen » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:35 pm

[quote="graemeX5"]
Hi

Sorry to hear it's still waiting to be fixed.

I would get it back and give it a few weeks and then if okay hang on to it, or if it's still out of favour with you then trade it in as sometimes you wonder what next.

Graeme
[/quote]

That was my thoughts initially but I have never had such a troublesome car and that is saying something as my driving career started with 1970’s cars.

So even though I haven’t even got it back yet I’ve already accepted an offer on it and have its replacement lined up.

After this experience I’ve decided to give the 3 pointed star a try, but I am not leaving the world of BMW as I have Z4 3.0 as a fair weather toy and my wife has just bought herself a M135i