Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

sourcing E70 headlamp washer jets- confused!

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
Broggy

sourcing E70 headlamp washer jets- confused!

Post by Broggy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 am

I need to find a pair of washer jets for my 2008 e70 X5 30.SD Dynamic with m-sport package, but all of the jets I have seen on Ebay etc seem to be a different design to the ones I have. To be fair, I only have what seems like half a one, as it has seperated/been ejected from the other half in a cold snap when I clearly haven't had enough screen wash concentrate in the reservoir!

Can anyone confirm if there are two different designs? I'll post a pic of what I have this eve, but it certainly seems to be different to ones I have found online!

Chris

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: sourcing E70 headlamp washer jets- confused!

Post by X5Sport » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Have a look at Realoem to get the correct BMW part number, which should let you get the search right - and identify inaccurate adverts!

If you haven’t used it before it is a current copy of the BMW Parts Database.  Use the last 7 characters of your VIN in ‘serial number’ to get your version of the car.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Horizon » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:05 pm

[quote="Broggy"]
I need to find a pair of washer jets for my 2008 e70 X5 30.SD Dynamic with m-sport package, but all of the jets I have seen on Ebay etc seem to be a different design to the ones I have. To be fair, I only have what seems like half a one, as it has seperated/been ejected from the other half in a cold snap when I clearly haven't had enough screen wash concentrate in the reservoir!

Can anyone confirm if there are two different designs? I'll post a pic of what I have this eve, but it certainly seems to be different to ones I have found online!

Chris
[/quote]
As X5Sport has mentioned, check real oem then email or PM Cotswold BMW parts dept and tell them you are a forum member ( discount ) you may be surprised , they may be cheaper than you expect, and the correct parts instead of risking getting the wrong ones else where
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv

Broggy

Post by Broggy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks guys. I haven't used real oem before so I did find it helpful. Also, I have realised that the headlamp washer nozzles come in 2 pieces, and I only have one of the pieces to hand which was throwing me re the images on Ebay etc. I'll try Cotswold BMW, as it seems it's a struggle to get them in UK easily at decent prices.

Cheers

Nictrix

Post by Nictrix » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Depending on what part you actually need I think the 2 parts are the main washer and the washer cover.
If its the main washer they are around £70 and the washers for each headlight are slightly different with the differences being the direction of the nozzles themselves.

Bigrichw

Post by Bigrichw » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:18 pm

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=61_2149

I have the same issue. Need drivers side replacing. This link should help.

Does anyone know if this is a diy replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broggy

Post by Broggy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Thanks guys, yeah the link above confirms the part numbers I need- Looks to be BMW only as I can't wait for weeks for Chinese aftermarket parts that may not be up to much. I have been quoted about £145 for the pair of them, so will likely have to bite the bullet.

I do actually have my left jet but it appears they come in two halves, and so I'm not sure if it will relocate into the other half again since being fired out when the washer system froze in cold weather! (Always use correct strength washer fluid!!)  :'(

Nictrix

Post by Nictrix » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:02 pm

[quote="Bigrichw"]
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=61_2149

I have the same issue. Need drivers side replacing. This link should help.

Does anyone know if this is a diy replacement?

[/quote]
I managed to remove, strip, clean and replace both of mine last year as they were starting to stick open.
I was able to remove the fog light surround and get to them from underneath.
It was pretty tricky but I was determined to do it without removing the bumper.
This was on a 2010 X6

Bigrichw

Post by Bigrichw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:44 pm

I was quoted £101 for one plus the cover from Cotswold! Can you just replace the jet piece without removing the entire unit?

Nictrix

Post by Nictrix » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:25 pm

[quote="Bigrichw"]
I was quoted £101 for one plus the cover from Cotswold! Can you just replace the jet piece without removing the entire unit?

[/quote]
Yes. You just need to grab the washer while it is extended, hold it out and unclip the nozzle. The new nozzle just presses back in.

Pradaman

Post by Pradaman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:40 pm

I have this same problem. I first noticed when insaw that the cap was missing. When I look down the hole I can see a round part that looks like it should have something in it. What part number is it i need? It’s a 2009 3.5D M Sport.

Exodus61

Post by Exodus61 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:04 pm

I went to the Bournemouth Dealer and they quoted £91 for each unit. Just seemed a bit steep so I purchased these on ebay - less than £30 for the pair (they appear to be handed). They arrived in about a week and are identical to the unit I took out that was faulty.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Pair-Hea ... 2749.l2649