Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Window goes back down

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
Wesley1874

Window goes back down

Post by Wesley1874 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:21 am

Hello, if I lower the passenger side front window then raise it up again, it gets to the top then comes back down again about 10cm on its own, as if it has activated the safety switch if somebody was stuck in the gap.  How can I stop that from happening?  I have to raise it bit by bit till almost closed to close it.  Thanks

marti

Re: Window goes back down

Post by marti » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes (negative lead off 1st / back on last)...might reset everything....

Huxsta

Post by Huxsta » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:10 pm

You have obviously checked with your eyes that nothing has gotten into the grove for the window to sit up against at the top edge ? Also worth a go is to hold the button down for the whole movement and up for the whole movement rather than flicking it. May reset something (works on older BMW’s if you want to change how the windows move, ie a flick for a 1/2” or a flick for the full distance....)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Sometimes the track run gets a little dry and the glass sticks which makes the anti-trap trigger.  Try holding the switch in the close position until the window is fully closed.  That overrides the anti-trap.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.