Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2008 X5 3.0 SD wont start after attempted theft.

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
Nomisewor

2008 X5 3.0 SD wont start after attempted theft.

Post by Nomisewor » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:01 pm

Last week scum bags tried to steal my X5 . They smashed drivers window and gained access to the vehicle. There was lots of glass but nothing taken. However the car won't start now, it just turns over and the little "service ramp" symbol comes up in the screen between speedometer and rev counter. I was advised by BMW dealer that it would have to go to a "BMW" service centre to be reset :( The vehicle needed to be recovered to a dealer, who have had the car since last Thursday and still haven't even told me what the issue is, they are also saying it could take between at least 1 week maybe upto 2 weeks to fix) !!
As an aside my insurance company (Allianz) is saying I need to prove the car hasn't just broken down before they will give me a courtesy car that my comprehensive policy entitles me to! Question has anyone else had the same issue with no starting after a break in and can it be resolved by one of the many very good "private" BMW servicing companies?