Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Throttle body

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
pcdee

Throttle body

Post by pcdee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:19 pm

After getting my car back I noticed a shudder when I turn the car off, I ran Carly through it and the fault was the throttle body. After some research a few people confirmed the shudder at turn off and extra revs before gear change and of course I'm losing about 5-7mpg.
Anyway, part ordered and will arrive by Saturday. Now this morning on the school run I get the DPF message, I ran Carly through it and checked the DPF on the settings and it'd tried to regenerate 7 times. I checked the coolant temp and it was 65 which is too low anyway, would all this be caused bu the throttle body letting in air?

marti

Re: Throttle body

Post by marti » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:31 pm

Changed the throttle on my X6 two weeks ago .......symptoms were: Black smoke out the back when floored, over fuelling, DPF light kept coming on and it used to hunt / surge on tick over....after changing it all went away and feels like a totally different car, but the new throttle body has to re-learn which took about 3-4days, unless you have the diagnostics to do this......

pcdee

Post by pcdee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Is it easy to do?

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Coolant temp low is caused by a faulty thermostat and is a separate issue ,mine was only 65c before I changed both stats this week and now 90c and saw 30 mpg average briefly today :D