Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CIC DAB not searching

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
bunchofkeys

CIC DAB not searching

Post by bunchofkeys » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:28 am

I've recently acquired a MY2010 E70 40d, and although it's a lovely drive, there are a few things that need to be corrected.
One issue that I've found is that although the DAB works, and there are a number of channels to choose from, i am unable to search for more.

From the CIC menu, i select Radio, and then DAB, as shown in the manual. I scroll all the way to the top of the channel list, to select assemble and from there i can see two options. I can only choose between D1 National and All assembles, there is no search option, even if i rotate the iDrive controller or use the steering wheel buttons.

What am i doing wrong?

If i go into FM radio, i can find a list of all the stations, plus there is an option to search manually.

Thank you

bunchofkeys

Re: CIC DAB not searching

Post by bunchofkeys » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:31 am

Turns out that there isn't an issue with the searching of assembles, it just comes down to a really poor pickup reception with the X5 e70.
There is no option to search for an assemble, they just appear or vanish.

As I drove around yesterday, I left the DAB assemble selection on screen, to which in certain areas new assembles would appear.
I could then select these assembles and then select the DAB stations.

What I found though is that I needed to save these DAB stations, so that I can listen to them again. As the assembles would vanish from the list, taking the DAB stations with.
However once saved, the DAB stations could be selected from the list and played even if the assemble didn’t show. By playing the DAB station, it would also then bring the assemble back to the list for a little while, before vanishing again.

Very weird, but at least I am now able to select a few more DAB stations.
I just need to park up under a DAB broadcasting tower and save all the stations I want.