Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Iphone XR - Pairing Issue

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
martins8585

Iphone XR - Pairing Issue

Post by martins8585 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 am

Hi - I have a 2012 X5 E70 that has worked without any major issues with my old Iphone 7.

I've changed to an Iphone XR and now it's refusing to pair with this.

The phone can see the vehicle but when I click on this it doesn't progress to displaying the pairing code.

The phone connects to my laptop so I'm guessing it's not the phone at fault and BMW are saying I'm on the latest firmware. (I've also tried toggling Bluetooth on and off and restarting the phone)

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Martin

XP3NNY

Re: Iphone XR - Pairing Issue

Post by XP3NNY » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi Martin

I have 2010 E70 with iPhone XR and sometimes have issues connecting to the bluetooth, but it's more about the module being hit and mis rather then iPhone. One thing to bear in mind is that when you upgraded from iPhone 7 to XR you probably used the same account which means that settings would be transferred over to your new phone. Might be worth reseting your bluetooth settings (or just click on the the little 'i' next to the BMW XXXX module and then click 'Forget this device').

One thing that never worked for me is 'adding' bluetooth phone in the BMW menu - e.g. I can pair the phone, play music and make/receive phone calls but it's not showing as connected telephone (so can't see my address book etc.).

Not sure if this helps you ....

Cheers
BMW X5 40D SE // 2010