Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear Camber and toe bolts

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
fergie1471

Rear Camber and toe bolts

Post by fergie1471 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:54 pm

Got new tyres and an alignment they other day and the rear was way out but the alignment centre said the rear toe and camber bolts need replaceing as they are seized or at least they wouldnt put any more force on them incase they snapped them. Has anyone else had them replaced? Iv called a few small garages for quotes and they dont even want to touch it for some reason. How much am I going to be looking at and do you have to get the parts from BMW or will aftermarket ones be ok?

marti

Re: Rear Camber and toe bolts

Post by marti » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Firstly dont go aftermarket....your just asking for trouble tbh, find a BMW indi garage.....

Pete D

Re: Rear Camber and toe bolts

Post by Pete D » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:43 am

Agree, go to an indie. First of all they have the knowledge and gear to sort this issue out. Tried one of the so called national companys to sort out the alignment on the E53 and they sorted the front and exactly the same issue as you for the rear. Took the car back to my Indie and he sorted them no problem. Go for genuine parts also. Worthwhile at the end of the day. Alas the E53 is sat on my drive down south, waiting to be sold.