Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

music collection issue

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
acideraser

music collection issue

Post by acideraser » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:34 pm

Was listening to music from the HDD today and when switched to another folder sound just disappeared. Tried pause and resume again, take out key and restart the car - nothing worked. Radio and CD worked well though. Only after I started copying tracks from CD to HDD it started playing again tracks from HDD, but in many songs were missing in couple of folders, though still could listen to them via TOP 50 tracks...
Any idea if this is that common problem or just and unfortunate glitch?
The HDD was half full (about 6GB out of 12)
------------------------------------
2011 X5 xDrive30d SE Platinum Grey 20" 336 alloys

Jalf

Re: music collection issue

Post by Jalf » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Not had that, I transfer songs over from the USB so if it did go a bit crazy I could always get them back in easily enough, might have just been the computer having "one of those days" fingers crossed, worth a dealer call at least get them to check it over and update the software while it's in.

acideraser

Re: music collection issue

Post by acideraser » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks Jalf. Not worried about the files - have a copy and will back up hdd from time to time on 16Gb flash, but could be annoying when travelling and no usb with you music...
will probably get to the dealer next week to see what they say
------------------------------------
2011 X5 xDrive30d SE Platinum Grey 20" 336 alloys