Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

witter removable tow bar

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
Jayx5

witter removable tow bar

Post by Jayx5 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 am

Went to put the tow bar on the car as were taking the caravan up to norfolk for half term and it wouldn't click in the socket :headbang: after much swearing and throwing things I gave up and googled it.
Dirt can build up under the blue twist knob and jam it which stops it clamping in the socket so I took the knob off and found the red and green plastic inserts had broken and were stopping it working so I took them out and now it works fine :thumbsup:
So if anyone has the same problem there is a simple fix. The only problem is without the red and green inserts, theres no indicator showing it's in the fixed position but you know when it's fixed as it makes a loud clunky noise, I'll speak to witter and replace the plastic inserts when I get back.
IMG-20191027-WA0003.jpeg
IMG-20191027-WA0003.jpeg (243.12 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: witter removable tow bar

Post by Leslie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:37 pm

As long as it makes the clunky clunky noises :rofl: I keep mine in the boot where its nice and clean :D

Jayx5

Re: witter removable tow bar

Post by Jayx5 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:44 pm

I keep mine in a bag in the boot and keep the plastic cover over the socket, yet the plastic has still got brittle :headbang: