Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Water leek

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
ssrfr03

Water leek

Post by ssrfr03 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi so I have a rear water leek in side car passenger side both sides it seems to be water holding in the rear door seals ,the rear sun roof drain holes are clear front ones are draining ok when I pour boiling water down them.
It’s as if the door seals are filling up with water an then flooding over into the rear foot wells open the doors after it’s been raining and the water will drain out the door seals any ideas please ??

GarageSteve

Re: Water leek

Post by GarageSteve » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi, I run an Indy garage and recently had a 64 plate Golf filling up both rear foot wells, and the door seals appeared wet, the water was draining through the door but then leaking through the seals where the speaker fits to the inside of the door, really random place to be leaking but being German they prob use the same idea ?

Mikest

Post by Mikest » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Hi both,
I've had the same problem for the last two years on the rear left door. My local BMW dealer had a look, altered the rear door hinges, but the problem remains. Whenever I open that door after a heavy rain water floods out onto the road.
Recently the same things happens with the tailgate, whenever I open that after a heavy rain.
It feels like there a problem with the door seals or.a drain that's got clogged, but I can't see anything obvious.
Regards
Mike

ssrfr03

Post by ssrfr03 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:01 am

Ok I have now discovered that the door seal around the door if full of water ? I put a small cut in it at the bottom to drain the water ,so how does this water get in to the seal ??

marti

Post by marti » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:54 am

ssrfr03 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:01 am Ok I have now discovered that the door seal around the door if full of water ? I put a small cut in it at the bottom to drain the water ,so how does this water get in to the seal ??
Sounds to me like the seal has a split in it somewhere so when you close the door and squash the seal a split opens up and water gets inside the seal ??