Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Camshaft Sensors

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
Andy Collings

Camshaft Sensors

Post by Andy Collings » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Next thing to go wrong ! Car struggling to start, turn over lots of times before eventually starting, Did a diagnostics and code for cam sensor no. 2 came up. Read a few threads and symptoms would suggest the cam sensor. Bought 2 from Eurocarparts using my Reg number but they were the wrong ones, be wary. Had to get the correct ones from BMW at £100 each. Hopefully get car back tomorrow and all be sorted.

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Camshaft Sensors

Post by Alan Gunn » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:13 am

Always best to fit genuine parts in my opinion.
I once bought a thermostat for a vw car from Eurocarparts and it failed within a day.

Andy Collings

Post by Andy Collings » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Your'e right I did read some forums and they did state don't buy from ebay or a few other places. One recommendation was eurocarparts who do the Siemens ones which are recommended. However just got the car back fron garage with BMW sourced ones and all is good. Starts first time and more responsive, codes cleared so all good. Thanks for your reply. Still got a couple of issues to sort, one being the rear camera being black and white, sure be something easy. The diagnostics tool I have is a godsend as is every ones threads on the forums. Grateful that people don't keep things to their selves.

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by henrym3 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:18 am

I assume you kept the eurocarparts sensors and returned them for your money back if less than a year old?

Andy Collings

Post by Andy Collings » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:11 pm

OK just checked my refund and they have paid the full amount.