Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Loss of power - Intake air temperature sensor

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
tom_pia

Loss of power - Intake air temperature sensor

Post by tom_pia » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:12 am

Hello. Since yesterday I have a problem with the rough-running engine which hesitating and choking when accelerating. After checking the codes, I got a few errors. I found 3 errors that, in my opinion, may affect the power drop.: (1) 452A Info - DPF , (2) 4501 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation - Negative deviation or air mass too high , (3) 4390 Boost Air temperature sensor - short circuit to B+. For now, I wanted to focus on the last fault. After inspection, I saw that the sensor is plugged into the intake pipe but the cable is missing (?!). Unfortunately, I can't see any loose cable and I I am note sure where it should go. I enclose two photographs and want to ask to help me locate the cable and plug. After rectyfiing that I will perform pressure measurement on DPF to see if its clogged etc. My car is E70 2009 xdrive 30.

v\
Temp. sensor - side view.jpg
Temp. sensor - side view.jpg (116.83 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Temp sensor from top.jpg
Attachments
Temp. sensor  from top.jpg
Temp. sensor from top.jpg (162.78 KiB) Viewed 923 times

marti

Re: Loss of power - Intake air temperature sensor

Post by marti » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:11 am

Hi Tom and welcome
As it started playing up yesterday I cant see how with the temp sensor being unplugged which has been for some time is your problem, first thing to do is clear the codes and take it out for a 5 mile run and re-read the codes as some maybe historic....then see what comes up :)