Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Driver Mirror Setting

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
Avtar

Driver Mirror Setting

Post by Avtar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 am

I am a little confused, when you save your seat setting does/should it also save the setting for your mirrors? I ask as my drivers side mirror seems to go to different setting whenever I switch off the car and when I return and start it is always in that position as opposed to be related to my seat setting?
Current Drives:

Alpina D5 BiTurbo
E70 3.0sD SE (Sold)
E46 330 Convertible
Alpina B3 S BiTurbo (SOLD)

History:

E39 528 Sport, 530 Sport
E38 735 Sport
E36 318iS, 320, 325

bullethead

Re: Driver Mirror Setting

Post by bullethead » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:11 pm

It should but mine doesnt always do what it's supposed too. Think sanj posted on old home how to clean up electricals in mirrors.
Come on Sanj no pressure....

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:50 pm

You may have a sticking mirror - that's the nearside one. Most said when they had it set to dip in reverse it would not come back properly.

You need to prise the colour-coded cover off and then the gloss black surround. Once they are off you have full, unrestricted access to the mirror. TAKE IT OFF GENTLY - in an upward motion. Clips off.

That housing which is revealed is what you need access to - may be possible without the mirror needing to be taken off. The housing is effectively in two halves and you need to prise it slightly apart and spray WD40 down there - the motors are in there.

Again speculation as it may be a sticking mirror that does not let your mirrors set as they should. Hope it helps! :)
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

jason@bwchiptune

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:36 pm

you may need your seat memory set to your car key memory as well :)
PERFORMANCE TUNING REMAPS,DIAGNOSTICS,SERVICE & REPAIRS
TUNING DEALERS ACROSS THE UK
DYNO DYNAMICS ROLLING ROAD
http://www.bwchiptune.co.uk
http://www.bwautorepairs.co.uk