Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Front washer - low pressure

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
Mr_G

Front washer - low pressure

Post by Mr_G » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi All ..... joined up today as i've been trying to find out some info on how to clean out the washer bottle and filters as the pressure to the front screen is low . Its fine on the rear & headlights .... BMW dealer told me its most likely the filters are blocking up . They said they need the car for a full day (nice labour charge i bet ) cos they need to strip the wing to get to the bottle .... Anyone had this problem and if so did you manage to do it yourself .... Cheers

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Front washer - low pressure

Post by pvr » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Welcome.

Absolutely no need to remove wings etc, AW8 wrote something about his cleaning experiences :D

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2829
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Mr_G

Post by Mr_G » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Cheers , and thanks ... will take a look

Mr_G

Post by Mr_G » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Just an update for anyone with the same problem .... i disconnected the washer pipe from the first sprayer under the bonnet , got my tyre air compressor out and connected to the end of the pipe ... with the bottle lid off , i gave it a very quick blast of air , then reconnected . washer sprayer works perfect now as ive probably shifted the crap back into the bottle . Will block up again , but i'll clean the bottle out when i've got more time ..... Hope this helps