Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aux Heater

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
Pjllewh

Aux Heater

Post by Pjllewh » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:01 am

Hi all can anyone help please.

My aux heater runs in a purge mode(does not fire) everytime I do something electrical on the car, eg unlock doors turn radio on etc. In addition since this has been happening, it does not fire up when the ambient temps are low enough. Any ideas on the cause/solution will be appriciated

Thanks

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Aux Heater

Post by X5Sport » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Give us a clue as to what the car is, year, model, options, any mods etc? Any recent work done?

And don't forget to intro yourself in the Newbies Section and say hi :)
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Aux Heater

Post by Rusty » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:53 pm

How is your battery, maybe the Voltage drop is enough to send the unit into shutdown mode.

Just a thought

Sent from my iPod device using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

ITBarbie

Aux Heater

Post by ITBarbie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Can I ask have you actually got the aux heat option on the car? I had it on mine and was given the key fob by the dealer so I could warm it up on a cold morning. Have you got a key fob?

I'm asking as they have the webasto on the cars but that does not mean you have the remote key option. I spent ages on mine when I first got the car as like you mine made a whirring sound on unlock etc but did not heat cabin even when I used the remote. It turned out that my heater needed replacing under warranty and now works like a dream

The key fob option is not that common so you may just have the standard set up that's just used as a preheat for the car not to blow hot air in the cabin.

Penny
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

squeaky2

Post by squeaky2 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 pm

I dont think the E70's have aux heating......they do have a ceramic heater to help warm the interior.

I suspect you have an e53 and sounds similar to my problem which was cured after replacing the control board on the webasto

Pjllewh

Post by Pjllewh » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:53 pm

sorry new to the forumn o posted in the wrong section. I have a 53 plate E53 with heater (no remote) which worked fine previous winter. I will reposyt in E53 forumn

doc4246

Post by doc4246 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:05 am

[quote=""squeaky2""]I dont think the E70's have aux heating......they do have a ceramic heater to help warm the interior.

I suspect you have an e53 and sounds similar to my problem which was cured after replacing the control board on the webasto[/quote]

My E70 came originally with the option of the factory fitted webasto heater with the T93 Telestart hand held transmitter (remote control) - which activates the heater (but only below a certain temperature) for 30 minutes (I think), however in the idrive climate section I am also able to set 2 x on times at any temperature (the heater then runs for 30 minutes from the on time unless cancelled manually or by the starting of the engine)...the heater will however only work with a suitably charged battery otherwise it will cut out...same if the temperature gets too hot (I understand)...
2007 (57) MY07 Titanium Silver E70 X5 SE 5S 4.8i V8 Auto

squeaky2

Post by squeaky2 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:36 am

I think unlike the E53's you actually have to have the webasto as an option. On the old x5's they seemed to be fitted as standard to the diesels so then you could rig them up to start on remote. Cant actually find anything on them on the E70 but i have found a ceramic heater to help the interior heat up whilst the engine is warming up