Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Top view fault

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
pionsee

Top view fault

Post by pionsee » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 am

Hi there. New to the forum, I recently bought a 2011 40d M Sport with all the toys. Now at 3k miles, the top view system is playing up. The right side mirror camera works for about 5 seconds on starting the car, then the right side image disappears and the car displays a "top view fault" error message. It won't work again unless the car is shutdown for a while, and then you get the 5 seconds again when you start it up.

Just wondering if anyone knows where the wiring harness for this is as it's probably just a loose connection. As closest dealer is 100 mile round trip, would rather fix it myself if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll have to get the stealer to take a look.

Many thanks
Rob

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Top view fault

Post by Rusty » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Welcome along.

Just my 2p worth but I would prob leave to the dealer if you have dealer warranty.

If you had a look and you didn't sort it and the dealer noticed, they may try to get out of any warranty work claiming you damaged it. That could turn out expensive.

Good luck with getting it sorted though.

Sent from my iPod device using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Top view fault

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:18 pm

+1 for letting the Dealer play. These devices tend to have price tags that make you wince! You can always ask them to come and get it with a loaner (preferably on a trailer). I know mine is a lot nearer at 10 miles, but they do come and get any of ours.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

snipez999
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Top view fault

Post by snipez999 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Had similar issue on my 1 year old x6 40d. Two visits and a new ecu unit so please do visit your dealer

Current: Bentley Continental GTC V8S
Previous: Aston Martin DB9; X6 M50d; X6 40d; 535d M Sport; 330d M Sport