Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Problem with lighting on dash.

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi

I've been having a few problems with my DVD sat nav disc not being recognised recently and today I came to the car to find the dash display unusually bright on one side.

I presume it's a bulb and if it is, is it a bugger to get to?

2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

phiggystardust

Re: Problem with lighting on dash.

Post by phiggystardust » Tue May 29, 2012 9:00 pm

hi p
should be a doddle to fix as i have done the chrome clock rings and noticed the bulbs for the clocks which are easy to get at, 2 screws release the clocks and simply pulls out make sure steering column is in the down position and that you dont turn on the ignition on when clocks are out pretty easy to see how to do once the clocks are out
good luck
phiggy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2002 3.0d black sport auto, now with added mods!!!re-map,chrome clock rings, folding mirrors,wind deflectors,angel eye led hid's,19"sport wheels,reverse cam,ps2 media+hdd,dvd headrests,alpine v12 amp+sub,+alarm chirp !!!!

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue May 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Been parked up for 30 mins or so now?

See if a reset has sorted this, otherwise bulbs in the dash, very easy (honest).
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Tue May 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Is it easy enough to replace the lamps with LED's? Time for a blue or green or whatever glow ? :-?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue May 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Not sure tbh, never buggered about with it but yeah should be easy, then you have to do all the switches in the air con, head unit, light switch........

Know it's been done tho, on a 3 series.
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Tue May 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Sounds like a pain in the @rse so prob best to stick with standard.

3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Labour of love if you wanna do it - I don't.

BMW orange is fine with me - OEM! :D

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Tue May 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Sorry Penny, didn't mean to turn this into a multi page episode. Just seems to be the norm of late :lol:

Hope it is an easy fix for you :thumbsup:

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Cool guys thanks I'll give it a go :-) ill have it looking like the star ship enterprise by the end of summer.

Mmmm maybe a nice pink glow!

Only joking
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue May 29, 2012 10:28 pm

[quote=""rusty nail""]Sorry Penny, didn't mean to turn this into a multi page episode. Just seems to be the norm of late :lol[/quote]

All this entertainment you get for free! You ungrateful.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue May 29, 2012 10:31 pm

[quote=""ITBarbie""]Cool guys thanks I'll give it a go :-) ill have it looking like the star ship enterprise by the end of summer.

Mmmm maybe a nice pink glow!

Only joking[/quote]

Happy to help if you're down this end of Sluff hun! :thumbsup:

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Re: Problem with lighting on dash.

Post by Rusty » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:45 am

[quote="Sanj"]
[quote="rusty nail"]Sorry Penny, didn't mean to turn this into a multi page episode. Just seems to be the norm of late :lol[/quote]

All this entertainment you get for free! You ungrateful.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Not ungrateful at all, I love it :))

You sorted this yet Pen?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 am

I think Penny's having one or two 'challenges' with this new Forum design and Tappitalk...... :-[ >:( :o :blink:

Working on the E53's probably a cinch compared to this though.... :)) :))
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:02 pm

She's not the only one........I can't log in to the forum from my pc where I generally log on as the changes have effectively got rid of me :( I have tried deleting cookies etc but its not working and am too stressed with recent traumas to bother at the moment.  Will try again sometime. So i will occasionally pop in from and ipad or iphone when i have the chance :)  until Spectre discovers how to disable login access to those, too :) :).  Probably all just a ploy to get rid of the female forum members, I think.........
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Condor.....have you tried deleting any xdrivers bookmarks and then using a search engine to find us again?  It's what I had to do, and then recreated the bookmarks and it's been fine since.  Works on Safari, Firefox12, IE9 and IOS.  I think you said you use Opera so I'm not sure how that might work with this...... :sorry:

and we need MORE females to balance the team, not less..... :ok:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.