Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Blue connector block

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
MrL

Blue connector block

Post by MrL » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Evening on 1 if you can help me in the boot on the right hand side there is a blue connector block as I'm not too sure what it is for any ideasImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Blue connector block

Post by X5Sport » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Power adjusted ‘rake’ for the rear seats.  A cost option on the E53 that allowed those in the back to change the angle of the backrest.  There will be another connector on the other side too.  Extra switches were also put either side of the rear hatch so you could adjust the seat back when loading the boot.  :)
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Zedhed

Post by Zedhed » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:48 am

[quote="X5Sport"]
Power adjusted ‘rake’ for the rear seats.  A cost option on the E53 that allowed those in the back to change the angle of the backrest.  There will be another connector on the other side too.  Extra switches were also put either side of the rear hatch so you could adjust the seat back when loading the boot.  :)
[/quote]Sounds like a good thing to have.whats involved in rigging this up then.

Sent from my LG-M160 using Tapatalk

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Replacing the back seat with the right parts, assuming you can still get them.  Have a look on Realoem for the parts and then I guess eBay?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.