Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Who does the best remap

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Heyes

Who does the best remap

Post by Heyes » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi , this is my first post here and hopefully not my last. I’m about to buy a 2009 x5 3.0 sd. As I’m used to remapping my cars this is the first BMW I’ve had and wondered if you could point me in the right direction for a good professional remap. I’m in Fife in Scotland. Thanks in advance.

neil50

Re: Who does the best remap

Post by neil50 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:12 pm

I know this is a thread from last year but I noticed there has been no response.

I had my E70 remapped yesterday by Celtic Tuning, they are based in Cornwall but I know they have other locations. I chose them because they did my E61 525d, as well as being local to me. The map gives just under 60hp increase and goes to 510 ft torque (which helps me lug "tank" up and down the hills).

They also said that if the map was overwritten by BMW software updates by taking it into a BMW garage, that would reinstall at no cost.

HOWEVER, the main issue it seems with the X series is insurance. I went to the company that insured my 525d and their brokers would not cover any of the X series vehicles, neither would other companies. So me would not cover any BMW at all due to the claims history associated with the brand.

I had ridiculous quotes of over £1300 fully comp but finally managed to get one at just under £900, this nearly doubled the price I paid before the remap but I took the approach that the big cheesy grin on my face as I effortlessly go up and down the big hills in Cornwall and Devon overwrote the pain of the insurance cost.
Current
2011 E70 40d 7 seat - remapped
Merc CLK convertible
Audi A2
Smart Car
Previous BMW
E32 - 735se, 735il
E39 - 530d touring
E61 - 525i touring, 525d touring (remapped)