Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Superchips Bluefin

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Craney

Superchips Bluefin

Post by Craney » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Hi, has anybody got a bluefin remap on their 3.0sd/35d?  I had Bluefin on our old Focus ST and it was great, just wondered if anybody has tried it on their X5?. 

Thanks, Steve.

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Superchips Bluefin

Post by graemeX5 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:34 pm

Hi

If you do a search for BwChiptune and Jason does remap and give members of the forum a discount, based in Hayes, I think ther is a post in th performance e53 section

He has been used by a lot of members including me on my old E53 and lot of other diesels and is highly recommended from the posts

Graeme
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

scz4

Post by scz4 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:23 am

Hi,

I had one on my 2005 3.0D, made a noticable difference both on throttle response and pull at "higher" revs, also helped mpg by 1-3mpg depending on the type trip. Since you've used it before, you know the advantage of being able to remove the remap if necessary, even if just selling the vehicle, plus it retains some value to sell on and if you get another BMW, chances are you can use it again.

As it happens.... :) :) I sold my X5 a few months ago and selling my Bluefin device, it's already been reset (with letter to prove) and ready to use. See my advert here. I bought it new at the beginning of the year.

http://xdrivers.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14196.0.html

Graeme

jagr

Post by jagr » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:37 pm

I haven't used a Bluefin but current have a DTUK CRD-T+ and the Pedal box with my X3 3.0sd.

You can definately tell the tuning box is fitted as power seems smoother.
Pedal box takes a lot of getting used too as the delay on pressing the accelerater is eradicated but can seem jerky at first.

I have also used a Chip Express with very good results.

Last edited by jagr on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 BMW X3 30d M Sport

Craney

Post by Craney » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:31 pm

[quote="scz4"]
Hi,

I had one on my 2005 3.0D, made a noticable difference both on throttle response and pull at "higher" revs, also helped mpg by 1-3mpg depending on the type trip. Since you've used it before, you know the advantage of being able to remove the remap if necessary, even if just selling the vehicle, plus it retains some value to sell on and if you get another BMW, chances are you can use it again.

As it happens.... :) :) I sold my X5 a few months ago and selling my Bluefin device, it's already been reset (with letter to prove) and ready to use. See my advert here. I bought it new at the beginning of the year.

Graeme
[/quote]

It is handy being able to remove it.  By having it reset you mean sending it back to superchips and having it putting the map back on?  I can't see how one handset will do a large variant of vehicles?  Was this the case when you bought yours?

They are on Ebay at the moment brand new for £334 with a free dash cam.  So would yours would need to be a fair bit cheaper to twist my arm  ;)
Last edited by Craney on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craney

Post by Craney » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:36 pm

[quote="Craney"]
[quote="scz4"]
Hi,

Graeme
[/quote]

It is handy being able to remove it.  By having it reset you mean sending it back to superchips and having the map put back on?  Will it just have the 3.0d map on it now though? I can't see how one handset will do a large variant of vehicles?  Was this the case when you bought yours?

They are on Ebay at the moment brand new for £334 with a free dash cam.  So would yours would need to be a fair bit cheaper to twist my arm  ;)
[/quote]

sitrom

Post by sitrom » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:03 pm

I had my 3.0sd remapped by Jason at BW chiptune and the transformation was phenomenal. Like mentioned above he does forum discounts for members.

The differnece between a Bluefin (and other plugin chips) and a remap is that they tailor make the map bespoke to the car. Give him a ring and I am sure he'd be more than happy to help.