Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Site Improvements / Recommendations

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Site Improvements / Recommendations

Post by Sanj » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Exactly what you said - stays in your Outbox until it's picked up (read).

You've probably sent it just fine. :thumbsup:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks Sanj, a bit different to mobile phones then :?

sp3ctre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 pm

[quote=""Pete""]Please can someone advise me. If a PM is sent does it just remain in my outbox until it is read by the other person - or have i not sent it properly?[/quote]

That's correct, when it no longer shows in your outbox it means it has been read :D

EDIT: LOL, sorry, wasn't paying attention there, didn't realise I was so late to the game :D

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Just an idea but would it be possible to have a sticky that shows how much you've paid for certain "common" work to be carried out? It would be handy for people with no knowledge to refer to so that they know they are paying a fair price and are then least likely to get shafted!

ITBarbie

Site Improvements / Recommendations

Post by ITBarbie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:58 pm

[quote=""Pete""]Just an idea but would it be possible to have a sticky that shows how much you've paid for certain "common" work to be carried out? It would be handy for people with no knowledge to refer to so that they know they are paying a fair price and are then least likely to get shafted![/quote]

Hi

I think that's a great idea especially for non DIY mechanics like me as it always interesting to know what benchmark you should be looking at.
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Even for us chaps (and chapesses!!) who do their own Diy. also how about where to source reasonably priced parts.
Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube

phiggystardust

Post by phiggystardust » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 pm

hi guys
got to say i miss the "my posts "where you can review your posts and replies, or am i being stupid and cant find it :P
2002 3.0d black sport auto, now with added mods!!!re-map,chrome clock rings, folding mirrors,wind deflectors,angel eye led hid's,19"sport wheels,reverse cam,ps2 media+hdd,dvd headrests,alpine v12 amp+sub,+alarm chirp !!!!

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi

Not sure if you mean this but if you click on board index on top left and then shoose my topics also on top left you should see ones you have been active in :D
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:13 pm

When Board Index selected click on "View Your Topics " at top of boards.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

phiggystardust

Post by phiggystardust » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:18 am

great stuff
so guess i was being stuuuuupid :rofl: :rofl: :P
thanks guys
2002 3.0d black sport auto, now with added mods!!!re-map,chrome clock rings, folding mirrors,wind deflectors,angel eye led hid's,19"sport wheels,reverse cam,ps2 media+hdd,dvd headrests,alpine v12 amp+sub,+alarm chirp !!!!