Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Picture uploading....

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Flog

Picture uploading....

Post by Flog » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 pm

I know I'm a newbie but come on, how hard is it to get a picture uploaded!?!?
On a post "Chrome or black" I asked and X5sport was kind enough to post a link on how to upload pics from a cloud type web site but it must be simpler than that....is there another way?
Just want to show off my 2 week old X and my handy work of changing from chrome to black grilles!
Thanks
X5 sd Msport 2008 - Black
996 C2S 911 - Black
Suzuki Jimny - Black (lane buster for the price to fill the X5!)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Picture uploading....

Post by X5Sport » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:38 pm

That's the way this site works. At a guess it may be to keep the forum database sizes (and therefore costs) down, but I may be wrong. It's fiddly, but you get used to it. The alternative may be to charge everyone subs to cover the extra server storage capacity direct uploading needs.

A couple of other sites I am a member of allow direct uploading, but you are limited in sizes and types and I may have to remove earlier ones as I go along.....web linking gets away from that. They all charge for members to have that functionality, but if you don't want to pay, then this is the way they also allow it.

At the end of the day, it's down to the site operator to decide how he/she wants to run a forum and permit attachments or not.. :)

Maybe the next version of xdrivers (no idea if there is one in development) might have more bells and whistles? :thumbsup:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

B5tew

Picture uploading....

Post by B5tew » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:16 pm

If you have an IPhone you can install tapatalk you can then upload direct from your mobile to tapatalk hosted but the photos are smaller and not such good quality as if you do it through photobucket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Space grey 30d F15

sp3ctre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 am

[quote=""X5Sport""]

Maybe the next version of xdrivers (no idea if there is one in development) might have more bells and whistles? :thumbsup:[/quote]

I have something in mind which may provide a slightly richer experience, but file uploads won't be part of that plan I'm afraid.

pvw10

Post by pvw10 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Shame that as picture wise its rank poor right now compared to other forums.
3.0d Sport. Xenons,Tv/sat,Blinds,DVD Headrests,sidesteps,mudflaps,DSP,Walnut trim,softer leather,heated seats,remap,automatic,Oval exhaust upgrade, death ray and rockets.
Previous car; E46 M3 Convertible SMG.