Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Garage

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

The Garage

Post by Sanj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Admin Team,

Is this an option to persue? Or will it take up too much db space?
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Re: The Garage

Post by pvr » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:05 pm

I have no idea ... will check with Sp3ctre.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:10 pm

Thank you!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

alfamale

Post by alfamale » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Would be useful for some of the serious modders on here to show case their cars in one holistic thread rather than pointing people to various different threads.
2005 E53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport in Toledo Blue
Panoramic Roof, Cream Nappa Leather, Comms Pack, etc

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:32 am

I like the Garage idea, it tends to be easier than trawling through a thread full of pictures of peoples cars...

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black

sp3ctre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:19 am

Hi guys,

At present we have no plans for a garage feature. Pure and simple, disk space and bandwidth cost money, not to mention the issue of backing it all up every night. The small amount of advertising on here goes toward the core cost of maintaining the forum and ensuring it doesn't disappear overnight again, but will not pay for everyone's hi-res images of their latest mod. If this changes in time we may reconsider, but for now it is simply not an option. I don't want to piss on anyone's bonfire but my primary concern is making sure this forum is bullet proof, and that means baby steps in the early days.

Jim

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks Jim,

No problem - if you don't ask you don't get told either way! I knew it was high storage space but again worth asking just to know what's going on. Absolutely no probs not having one. The site is also my first priority - thank you for the update though.

sp3ctre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:41 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]Thanks Jim,

No problem - if you don't ask you don't get told either way! I knew it was high storage space but again worth asking just to know what's going on. Absolutely no probs not having one. The site is also my first priority - thank you for the update though.[/quote]

Cheers Sanj, it's not to say things won't change further down the road... I want to make this place great for everyone but just want to make sure the T's have been dotted and the I's crossed first ;)

jeegnesh

The Garage

Post by jeegnesh » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:48 pm

He just wanted to plaster the site with his car.

Come on get it out, Photobucket them and create a post with tons of pictures including one per mod you have done.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:17 am

[quote=""sp3ctre""]Hi guys,

At present we have no plans for a garage feature. Pure and simple, disk space and bandwidth cost money, not to mention the issue of backing it all up every night. The small amount of advertising on here goes toward the core cost of maintaining the forum and ensuring it doesn't disappear overnight again, but will not pay for everyone's hi-res images of their latest mod. If this changes in time we may reconsider, but for now it is simply not an option. I don't want to piss on anyone's bonfire but my primary concern is making sure this forum is bullet proof, and that means baby steps in the early days.

Jim[/quote]

Makes sense and is totally reasonable - Glad that the forum is back up and running and would like it to stay that way!

I did see on one forum that site supporters (people that paid an annual subscription) got the benefit of a garage and a cirtain amount of storage space which I thought was good. Maybe in the future eh.

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black