Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Old Friends

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Old Friends

Post by Sanj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:54 pm

To all members,

I have contact with some forum members but got caught out after the site crash losing personal contact info of fellow members. If you can get in touch with an old member please do. I intend to get hold of alfamale but don't know details for Lez! Couple of other members too...

Basically, spread the word and if u feel u can pass on contact details, do so through PMs. Oh and save them away from the site!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

sp3ctre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Old Friends

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:59 pm

Without wanting to put a downer on things, please do tread carefully when getting in contact through other forums. I speak from experience that other forum admins can get pissy with people "spreading the word" through their forums... Not saying don't do it, just saying be careful. :D

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:05 pm

In other words - PM :)

Lost ITBarbie as well since the demise, and our only X6 driver Jalf :D
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:08 pm

Totally agree, I was thinking more along the lines of having established contact away from forums. A number of us have each others phone numbers hence being able to spread the word. I know Lez/ITBarbie (Jig, sort it) wants to be here, just wish I had their numbers! Along with other members I know, will ho through my sent mail tomorrow.
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

sp3ctre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:13 pm

[quote=""pvr""]In other words - PM :)[/quote]

Yeah, just saying, coz in the early days of the Z4 forum a few of the founder members PM'd others on other forums and the admins/moderators of said forums "found out" and banned them.... No idea how they "found out" though, I always thought the "P" stood for PRIVATE ;)

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:17 pm

ah yes, I always wondered why he was banned.

911 50th anniversary -

sp3ctre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:19 pm

[quote=""pvr""]ah yes, I always wondered why he was banned.[/quote]

;)

Saying that, it sounds like you guys were looked after on other forums in a way the zed guys weren't... so hopefully there won't be quite so much trouble

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:24 pm

[quote=""pvr""]ah yes, I always wondered why he was banned.[/quote]

That was just u fella, with the pink Clipper you 'said' was 'darker' than the pic showed!?!

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Another pic when I was testing out the new parking area for the new fleet as I know you are just jealous ... :)

911 50th anniversary -

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:39 pm

I hate you....

Very nice buddy.

Car looks dearker in that pic - still pink tho!

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:43 pm

17 years old and had her for 15. Never selling her, that is for sure. Stored in a dark cool dry garage.

Very appropriate for this thread, "Old Friends" :D

911 50th anniversary -

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:49 pm

ALWAYS loved these cars... true old school. Just not in pink! :D

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:17 am

[quote=""Sanj""]Totally agree, I was thinking more along the lines of having established contact away from forums. A number of us have each others phone numbers hence being able to spread the word. I know Lez/ITBarbie (Jig, sort it) wants to be here, just wish I had their numbers! Along with other members I know, will ho through my sent mail tomorrow.[/quote]
Lez is here, send Penny an email.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

Pewters

Post by Pewters » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:48 am

The 2 forums we have been using while we were homeless were very helpful and accommodating so hopefully we should be ok contacting old members.

alfamale

Post by alfamale » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up Sanj, and glad to be back on board with you guys again...
2005 E53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport in Toledo Blue
Panoramic Roof, Cream Nappa Leather, Comms Pack, etc