Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Old Friends

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Pewters

Re: Old Friends

Post by Pewters » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Found us then matey :thumbsup:

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:49 pm

how do alfa? good to see you back mate :thumbsup:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

jeegnesh

Old Friends

Post by jeegnesh » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Better seeing his avatar image ;-)
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

5hep

Post by 5hep » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Ding dong :D

Its car related tho
Faded Carbon Black'ish 3.0d Exclusive / Abarth 500 Esseesse

jeegnesh

Old Friends

Post by jeegnesh » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:39 pm

[quote=""5hep""]Ding dong :D

Its car related tho[/quote]
No arguments here.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

BL02WAS

Post by BL02WAS » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:24 am

Hello all, finally something to look at when i'm searching the internet aimlessly.

BL02WAS

Post by BL02WAS » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:29 am

That5 was weird, I hadn't even finished writing that message and it posted it straight away? oh well, as I was saying, missed the old forum purely for the fact it was always something to look at when on the net, but bad in the fact that this will probably mean I will be spending more money on little mod's. Since the site has been down I have found I haven't had that urge to buy something for the car. My X is in the wars a bit, needs the arb bushes on front and back changing out, big job?? I remember x5555 had a go!! and have this irritating play in the steering which local garage could not find anything slack underneath??? oh well. Just bought some used Michelin Diamaris with 5mm tread off ebay for £40 each AS THE BACK TYRES HAVE WORN SHOCKINGLY ON THE INSIDE EDGE!!! any ideas??? ps, I used to be KATEJB on the old site but new site new name and all that. cheers

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi jon i see you made it then :thumbsup:

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Hello mate - well done on finding the new forum. Glad to have you here!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

fradillian

Post by fradillian » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Found you!!! Glad to see the site back up again - albeit with a new name. I hope it keeps the same friendly banter format :-D

I've been doing a bit of digging of what old stuff I have. I've found a copy of AW8's excellent Buyers Guide dated 12/5/09. I copied it and emailed it to my other half at work (he had no internet access) when we were looking to buy our X5.

I know its an old copy but it may be of some use. If anyone wants it, please let me know.

Kath

jason@bwchiptune

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:08 pm

i will go through the list we have at work and let all the xdrivers know it back up and running :D :) ;)
PERFORMANCE TUNING REMAPS,DIAGNOSTICS,SERVICE & REPAIRS
TUNING DEALERS ACROSS THE UK
DYNO DYNAMICS ROLLING ROAD
http://www.bwchiptune.co.uk
http://www.bwautorepairs.co.uk

BL02WAS

Post by BL02WAS » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi all, than you for the warm welcome. Mitch, did you ever manage to save that write up you did for the rear sub frame bushes? and fronts for that matter? Thanks for the link to that item on ebay, they are the ones I am looking at yes. Am also going to hire that tool you need to remove the rear ones so a write up would be big help if you have got it still? Did a bit of work on the car today, the parking sensors have been down due to the drivers rear parking sensor being knackered and who ever had the car before me kindly glued it into place within the loom connector. Have spent the past week phoning the usuals i,e fab direct, bm spares etc, after just the female loom connector which the pdc sensor clips into, so that I could cut the glued one out and re solder new one in. However, I thought I would go out today and have a good stab at it!! it got messy but got there in the end. It's out!!! just need a new sensor now. I bought one off ebay ages ago when the sensor first played up, and only now tried it, and guess what it's broken as well. Gutted!!!! I tried the passenger side sensor in the connector just in case it wasn't the sensors, and it worked fine so definitely the sensors. Does any one have a spare for sale??? if so get in touch.

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:04 pm

I don't think i ever did a write up for the subframe bushes (or did i?)I'll have a look on the pc for you mate i know i have some pics on photobucket but not sure of the text mind.

ITBabie

Post by ITBabie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Hello peoples

I was just Sunning my lazy bod in Crete and thought I would check the old email on the iPhone and I got the email saying your back up! Yipee I have all of my cyber buddies back again. I've really missed you guys. As soon as I'm back in the uk I wl give the site a thorough look.

Can't wait :-)

phill

Post by phill » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:07 pm

IT Babie have you spelt your name wrong should it be ITBarbie :oops: :oops: :oops:
2003 SAAB 9-3t convertible 175bhp - current
2003 X5 4.6is - Now dead