Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pulling to Left

Discuss the problems with your X6 (E71).
kena

Pulling to Left

Post by kena » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:07 am

Are these vehicles designed to veer to the left incase something happens to the driver ?
I have had mine a little over 3 months now and it has always veered to the left. Some times more noticeable than others. I had a Hunter 4 wheel laser alignment done last week as well as 2 new Bridgestone runflats on the rear at the same time. The front 2 tyres still have about 4 to 5 mm left and are wearing even and the vehicle still pulls to the left. All brakes are functioning ok. Are they designed like this or is there some other problem that may be causing this.

The reason I ask is I had a C63 AMG mercedes that did this. When I picked it up from new it came with Yokohama tyres and the steering was fine but when the tyres were worn mercedes changed them to continentals and the pulling to the left became a lot more prominent. I had it back 3 times to mercedes and each time they road tested it and said it was designed like that and that the vehicle was within set tolerances.

Just wondering if BMWs are designed like this or do I have some other underlying problem ??
My E53 X5 and M3  never handled like this as far as I can remember.
Last edited by kena on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

IanP

Re: Pulling to Left

Post by IanP » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:10 pm

I thought it was to do with the road camber? My X5 and X6 do exactly the same thing, and it is really noticeable on one stretch of road. In fact I was thinking the X5 had a problem until I drove the X6. No so much of a problem on dual carriageways

Nat

Re: Pulling to Left

Post by Nat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 am

Hi,

I had this years ago with a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It pulled to the left and they tried about 7 times to fix it, in the end I gave it back to them .
I may be wrong , but NO car is designed to pull to the left ( or right ) . If it won't run straight or can't be made to run straight then there is something wrong with it and I would give it back.

Im sure others on here will chip in but that's my view.