Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Picked up a spare set of wheels

Post your photos of your vehicle in here!
Alanmc

Picked up a spare set of wheels

Post by Alanmc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:55 pm

As per Title managed to pic myself up a set of spare wheels for winter use. All four have good tyres as well so they should keep my new tyres good as well.

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Picked up a spare set of wheels

Post by Don Coffey » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Do you intend to fit dedicated winter tyres?

Don

Alanmc

Post by Alanmc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:41 pm

No just planning on using these as they have four Bridgestone tyres with the lowest having 5mm of tread. Being that they're second hand there's a couple of marks on them so I'll use them when the salt starts going on the roads and they can take the stone chips

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:24 pm

[quote="Alanmc"]
No just planning on using these as they have four Bridgestone tyres with the lowest having 5mm of tread. Being that they're second hand there's a couple of marks on them so I'll use them when the salt starts going on the roads and they can take the stone chips
[/quote]

TBH, you could be wasting your money.  Those tyres won't be worth sh1t on ice, snow etc.  regardless of tyre depth they are not winter tyres and will struggle.  I also assume they are nice and wide....if so, that will only make the experience even scarier if you get bad weather.

Don

Alanmc

Post by Alanmc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:33 am

[quote="Don Coffey"]
[quote="Alanmc"]
[/quote]

TBH, you could be wasting your money.  Those tyres won't be worth sh1t on ice, snow etc.  regardless of tyre depth they are not winter tyres and will struggle.  I also assume they are nice and wide....if so, that will only make the experience even scarier if you get bad weather.

Don
[/quote]

I didn't buy them for going up the Alps or that. They're there to save my wheels that have been refurbed getting stone chips on them. Only mentioned tread depth as buying them is a lot cheaper than buying new tyres when they wear out. Being that I own a garage I'm well aware that they won't grip in ice or snow as well as winter tyres but I bought them as winter / spare wheels so if they get damaged it doesn't matter

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Fair enough.  I was just concerned that you wouldn't get what you had expected from them.

Don

sid10

Post by sid10 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:47 pm

They are nice wheels , for sale ?