Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Adaptive cruise

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Adaptive cruise

Post by X5Sport » Fri May 11, 2018 2:08 pm

It will also need calibrating which I suspect is a main Dealer job.  On VAG cars, that alone is around £400
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

TheHerd

Post by TheHerd » Fri May 11, 2018 11:03 pm

[quote="bimjim"]
[quote="TheHerd"]
Anyone know if it's possible to retrofit ACC and Surround View?
both seem like a lot of hardware with Radar Detectors and a number of cameras but would be great if it's possible.
[/quote]

Technically probably possible, but it wouldn't be cheap or easy I don't think.
[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve found you can buy all the necessary components for ACC and Surround View off eBay (not kits but used components). Will cost a few £££ and some decent effort but possible I guess. Was hoping to find someone who’s either already done it or keen to give it a go, before I tackle it on my own.
(SOLD) 2006 BMW E53 X5 3.0d MSport 20" OEM Rims
20mm Spacers | LED Interior Lights incl NPlate | HID kits | M-Tech Steering Wheel | LED Angel Eyes | 2016 Maps | Digital TV | Upgraded AMP | Engine Remap | LED Tails | LED Side Repeaters | Subwoofer |

mogsyman

Post by mogsyman » Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Probably not what the OP wants to hear however I set my adaptive cruise as I left Manchester today at 1pm and turned it off at the Leatherhead junction some 200+ miles later and it was on the entire journey aside from stopping and paying for the M6 toll (but I did pull away in cruise!)

I travelled in mixed traffic from light to heavy and in fact most situations and have now also learnt how to use the (up to 35mph) self-steering on the car which in reality is to simply touch the steering wheel every now and then rather than hold or keep a finger on it constantly and aside from the roadworks on the M6 it did its job very well.

What a great feature and it’s worth every penny in my opinion.

However, after 4 hours or so I was getting restless legs and feet which seemed to defeat the object for sure!

Will be interesting to see if it can be retro-fitted.
2019 F90 M5
2019 Porsche Macan

Previous

2016 X3 20D M Sport
2016 X5 M50d
F10 M5
120D M Sport
335i DCT Vert
997 C2S
30D M Sport X5
2.0D M Sport X3
535D M Sport