Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Different nav systems?

Mr black

Different nav systems?

Post by Mr black » Wed May 02, 2018 2:06 pm

When looking at the I-Drive and nav systems some have just a menu button near the I-Drive knob and some have around 5 buttons,nav,cd etc.
What’s the difference.

Thanks

kenniff

Re: Different nav systems?

Post by kenniff » Wed May 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Think you are talking about the E70 rather than the F15, so maybe better answers in the E70 forum?

Anyway - approximately 4 buttons....

The idrive was updated with the "fast access" buttons when the E70 got its mid life facelift. Models are often differentiated by referring to them as "pre -LCI" and "post LCI" models. Apparently it stands for Life Cycle Impulse.

Anyway, the update happened on 2010 models I think. Its not just the buttons but a whole new Idrive system, known as CIC instead of the old CCC. There were a number of other changes in the LCI car - Fog lights are in a different place on the front. I don't know the rest but others will I'm sure.
Last edited by kenniff on Wed May 02, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

Mr black

Re: Different nav systems?

Post by Mr black » Wed May 02, 2018 5:28 pm

Thanks very much for your reply. Yes my fault posting in the wrong section I’m just getting to grips with all the specs,LCI etc. Looking at late x5 and x6.

Thanks again.