Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

4 Year Service Schedule

bobgolden

4 Year Service Schedule

Post by bobgolden » Wed May 16, 2018 10:59 am

Anyone know what’s involved in the 4 year service on the F15 30D please, or can point me to the relevant documentation ?

In particular, I’m interested in things like coolant, Haldex/transmission fluid changes etc.

I’ve been using a well know franchised dealer but they haven’t been particularly outstanding when it comes to service. For example, at the 2 year service they failed to notice and top up the low level of AdBlu.

Thanks.
X5 xDrive 30D M Sport (F15)

X5M50d

Re: 4 Year Service Schedule

Post by X5M50d » Wed May 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Not sure, however had my first oil service and BMW wanted to charge me to top up the AdBlue >:(

bobgolden

Re: 4 Year Service Schedule

Post by bobgolden » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Yes, it’s a chargeable item but if it’s in for a service you’d think they’d read the computer and let you know when you had around 1500 miles left. They added insult to injury by trying to claim first that it takes a few miles to register the top up (it doesn’t) and then that no one had told them it needed doing.

I’ve now taken the view that for the next service, I’ll get hold of the service schedule so I can tell them what needs doing.
X5 xDrive 30D M Sport (F15)