Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bonnet and boot badge sizes

Leesy180

Bonnet and boot badge sizes

Post by Leesy180 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:49 am

Hi all.
I’m in the process of changing my bonnet and boot badges to carbon to match the black exterior on my X5 f15.
Just wondered if anyone knew the sizes I need. I believe the bonnet badge is 82mm but not sure on the boot badge size or if I’m right on the bonnet size.
Any help with this would be great.

Regards

marti

Re: Bonnet and boot badge sizes

Post by marti » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:12 pm

82mm on both front and rear on my X6..so I presume they are on the F15...however on mine the rear is not a badge its the whole chrome piece...and the BMW roundel is stick on...so you have to ask the seller as I did that you need one not stuck on to the base plate....but you still have to pay for them as if they are two roundels complete.

qsilver7

Re: Bonnet and boot badge sizes

Post by qsilver7 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 pm

[quote="Leesy180"]
Hi all.
I’m in the process of changing my bonnet and boot badges to carbon to match the black exterior on my X5 f15.
Just wondered if anyone knew the sizes I need. I believe the bonnet badge is 82mm but not sure on the boot badge size or if I’m right on the bonnet size.
Any help with this would be great.

Regards
[/quote]
You may find that buying/shopping using the correct BMW 11 digit part number is "safer" than just generically shopping by name.  As its been already stated...not all BMW Roundels are the same size...and you may also find that shopping by size can send you down the wrong trail, too.

If you use the correct 11 digit BMW part number...then if a vendor/seller is cross referencing that info in their ad...this usually tends to separate those that really don't know what they are selling from those that do.  :)

In the diagram and link to the diagram below...#1 is the hood/bonnet Roundel, and #2 is the trunk/boot Roundel:

[align=center]https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/search/se ... CE/51_9530

Image[/align]