Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bimmercode or Carly

B5tew

Bimmercode or Carly

Post by B5tew » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 pm

I am keen to get one of these apps so I can have a go at coding on my car.
What one is best and will I be able to code out the bulb check on the lights as I have fitted LED indicator bulbs and cornering bulbs and get the flashing when the car is checking the bulbs
Also I had a beep on locking / unlocking on my E53 and would like this if it is available and rear camera zoom would be good when hitching up my caravan
Thanks in advance

ckl139

Re: Bimmercode or Carly

Post by ckl139 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Which did you go for?

I note carly has a regular subs for unlocked full feature mode.

sarjoo

Re: Bimmercode or Carly

Post by sarjoo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:03 pm

I am exploring doing similar at the moment, the current steer seems to be to use ESYS software for coding and ESYS Launch Pro to load up ESYS.
All you effectively need is a suitable windows laptop, with the ODB compatible cable, and the software mentioned above (which is free) and off you go!

Then once its all up and running/connected, you can browse the various code-able aspects of your car, make change(s) you want to 'werte' values or the like, and then apply them back to the car once you're done editing- a simplistic explanation but that's essentially whats involved.

If you need I can send you some links to get you started, though I am still on the journey myself.