Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spec

Robsters

Spec

Post by Robsters » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi guys, is there anywhere I can check what spec my car came with when new? With the DS I just entered my vin and it listed it. Sorry if coming across a bit thick but I have googled everything I can think of but still can’t find the answer. Any advice much appreciated :thumbsup:
Left Discovery Sport purchased my first BMW!
2015 BMW X5 3.0 30d SE Auto xDrive (s/s) 5dr :driving: :driving:

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Spec

Post by Alan Gunn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Most vin-decoder sites work try this one.
https://www.mdecoder.com/

Robsters

Post by Robsters » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Alan Gunn wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:41 pm Most vin-decoder sites work try this one.
Thanks Alan, will give it a go. :thumbsup:

Robsters

Post by Robsters » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:14 pm

Alan Gunn wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:41 pm Most vin-decoder sites work try this one.
It worked a treat thanks. Thought I would do a service history check while on there, is it normal for these cars to have an average of 4 visits a year to the dealer? Seems a lot to me also sounds expensive :? unfortunately does not state what work has been carried out. Thanks again.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:57 pm

BMW GB should have service history, if its been main dealer work.

My new to me car last year had everything documented at the dealership and recorded at BMW GB, but the service book only had a note of its PDI :| I was told as it's all electronically recorded, paper service books are becoming redundant.

I like a quick reference sthough so without drama or hassle I sent the service book to the one dealership who had all it's history. They duly completed the paper schedule and i have a reference point I am familiar with.

Robsters

Post by Robsters » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:27 pm

sapphireblack wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:57 pm BMW GB should have service history, if its been main dealer work.

My new to me car last year had everything documented at the dealership and recorded at BMW GB, but the service book only had a note of its PDI :| I was told as it's all electronically recorded, paper service books are becoming redundant.

I like a quick reference sthough so without drama or hassle I sent the service book to the one dealership who had all it's history. They duly completed the paper schedule and i have a reference point I am familiar with.
Thanks :thumbsup: I forgot that it is also recorded on the idrive within the car. I am still amazed at the amount of visits it has had to the BMW dealer in a year, the car seems to have had more health checks than I would fit in a lifetime! 8)

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:31 pm

E series cars have had a number of recalls in recent times, maybe the F series too?

Robsters

Post by Robsters » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:46 pm

May well be, anyway 3 weeks on and 1000 miles done and all good so far :thumbsup: computer says 7000 miles till next Service, from what I can tell the last service was September last year so about right I would think.