Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Will E70 rear seats fit F15

Gaffer125

Will E70 rear seats fit F15

Post by Gaffer125 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi all, I’m new here and just bought a 2014 X5 F15
I wanted to swap interior to leather and didn’t do any research :headbang: I bought a seven seat interior thinking it would fit my 5 seater model. There are plenty of 2013 E70 rear seats will these fit into mine.?

Cheers Matt

Graeme

Re: Will E70 rear seats fit F15

Post by Graeme » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi Gaffer,

Am I right in thinking you want to replace the F15 rear seat with an E70 7 seat kit, ie the middle row and the two small folding seats? If so I don't think they will!

I had a 7 seater E70 for 10 years and recently changed to a 5 seater F15.

The F15 has fixed rear seats ie they can't be moved forward and backwards. Under the luggage space is a large well that could be used for a space saver spare wheel.

The E70 middle row of seats has a lever that allows them to be moved forwards and to tilt them to allow access to the rear seats. There ae runners bolted to the floor that allow these movements. The rake of the backrest can also be adjusted.

The two folding rear seats fit into the space where the spare wheel well would be in a 5 seater and bolt to the floor with their anchorage bracket The baseboard of the luggage area is different to allow the folding seats to be raised. In addition there are special seat belt anchorages for the 2 rear seats in the pillars next to the tailgate, and another hot/cold air outlet between the seats.

So to make the change you would need all the parts, and I'm not sure if they fit directly!

I humbly stand corrected if I'm wrong - there may be someone one who has done it!

Graeme

Gaffer125

Post by Gaffer125 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks for reply Graeme

No I have a five seat f15 but bought a 7 seat interior, thinking it would fit.
I have found a rear seat out of a 2013 E70 but don’t know if it will fit the F15. ( long base and 70/30 back)
So just to be clear I don’t want to convert to a 7 seater, I just wanted to swap cloth interior for a leather one and bought the wrong one.

Cheers Matt

Gaffer125

Post by Gaffer125 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Fitted new seats today, when I plugged drivers seat in press move forward, it moved an stopped, release and press again keeps doing it till I got seat to front, bolted rear down when I tried to get it back, nothing.. can’t do anything like there is no power, passenger side is working perfectly.
Any ideas where fuse is or do they both work on same fuse?.. seems strange worked then nothing..