Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Clock and date displays

Graeme

Clock and date displays

Post by Graeme » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Good afternoon,

I've had my 2018 F15 for 5 months now and haven't worked out if there is a way to display the clock instead of the date in large clear figures in the "communication" sector of the display panel (when it's configured to show communication, navigation and my vehicle). I'm not really needing to know the large display of the date all day long, with the clock in tiny figures somewhere top right and also in tiny figures below the rev counter!

My question is this - does anyone know a way to change the large date for large time in the communication sector of the display panel?

Graeme

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Clock and date displays

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:13 pm

For the F46, I can display a clock face on the right side of the screen in ‘split screen’ mode. Once in split screen, for mine it’s just a case of rocking the iDrive controller to the right and scrolling to select which of the available options I want.

I actually want to be able to display the media text broadcast with DAB, but the F46 is too lowly to do that and the radio station icon is all that’s available. BMW deliberately coded it that way apparently :x. I’ve seen the text appear accidentally a few times but the icon is then enlarged to force it off screen. Elitism on a car, who would have though eh?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.