Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

expected mpg

Eaglesrest

Re: expected mpg

Post by Eaglesrest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:15 am

[quote="Gilly1964"]
[quote="kenniff"]
50%  :))
Now thats a typo!
[/quote]
Nope - the 4.4V8 does just over 20mpg and I'm hoping for north of 30 from the 30d!

I've gone for Space Grey with chrome trim and black leather.

Ordered 19th December - into production and VIN notified 28/2/14 - estimated for delivery mid April (but secretly hoping for end of March)

30d MSport
Space Grey with Matt Aluminium exterior trim and Hex internal trim
Sun Protection Glass and Black Dakota leather
451 20" Y-spoke Alloys
Active Security, Connected Drive Packages
Comfort Access, Heated / Ventilated Comfort Seats, Heated Steering Wheel
Adaptive LED lighting with high beam assist
Driver Assist, Driver Assist Plus, Traffic Jam Assist
Reversing and Surround View Cameras, HUD with Speed Limit Display
Enhanced phone kit, luggage net

Got a £3k discount and a £1500 trade in against my 2000 E53 4.4i sport with 280,000 miles on the clock.
[/quote]
Nice spec, congrats!! Almost the same as mine. No Pano Roof? The MSport headliner makes the cabin pretty dark in there.

There are a few changes for cars built April onwards - nothing too flashy, free Driver Assist, TPMS that shows the tyre pressure, and a couple of other things I forget.

I'm getting around 32mpg currently, with some spirited driving on A/B and motorways (even split). Most journeys are around 20 mins, so pretty good stats. OBC is 2% over estimating so the figures are pretty accurate.

I have a comp in Swansea this weekend which is a 600 mile round trip. Hoping to make it on one tank :)

Did you own the E53 from new?

Gilly1964

Post by Gilly1964 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:55 am

Cheers!

Yes, I have had the car 13 years and it has done excellent service!  I have a sunroof in my current car and, frankly, wish I hadn't as it is the only thing that has ever squeaked and I hardly ever open it - so left it off the new spec.

Gilly - not Jilly!

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 am

[quote="Gilly1964"]
Cheers!

Yes, I have had the car 13 years and it has done excellent service!  I have a sunroof in my current car and, frankly, wish I hadn't as it is the only thing that has ever squeaked and I hardly ever open it - so left it off the new spec.

Gilly - not Jilly!
[/quote]

Don't rise to 535dboy's remark, he wants a response.  Agree with sunroof.  A £1000 cash cow for BMW.

Don

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:50 am

Horses for courses...

I dont open the sunroof much either, but I do like the extra light in the cabin. Now, if they made one for a fraction of the price that didnt open I'd have that... and then some spare cash for one or two other extras :)

280,000 miles .... Wow!  I can see how saving 50% on fuel might be attactive......

Hope you get it early.
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

Eaglesrest

Post by Eaglesrest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:44 pm

13 years - wow! I'd love the patience/will power to keep a car that long. Good job!

Fully agree about the sunroof Kenniff- it covers almost the full length of the car and the natural light makes it a much nicer place to be, open or closed. I've closed the blind a couple of times and it does feel oppressive, but I guess it's a matter of what you get used to.

m13lky

Post by m13lky » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 pm

13 years takes some doing, I'm on my 6th bmw in less than 7 years, agree on the sunroof though our new f15 m sport has one & our e70 m sport didn't, big bonus with the dark cabin being a lot lighter with the blind open, really happy with mine, got around 550 miles to first tank & still had a range of about 50 miles left at fill up, mixed driving, motorway, a & B roads, enjoy the new one & good luck for the next 13 years motoring!
Currently
F16 M sport 40d in space grey
Vw amarok edition auto in black

Previous
F15 M sport in carbon black
F15 M sport in white
Ford Focus Rs mk1
E70 lci M sport in space grey
F10 M sport auto in space grey
F10 M sport in white
E90 lci M spo