Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ambient Lightning Dim

Username

Ambient Lightning Dim

Post by Username » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi,
Forgive me if this subject has been posted before but I find the dash & door card ambient lighting dim and a little irregular.
I've just picked up the 2014 40d F15 model which is my wife's after selling her 2011 40d E70 so can only compare the ambient lightning with our my 2017 G30 520 on which it is super bright and looks great.
Both G30 & F15 have oyster so show up the lightning. I have checked the settings and dash setting on the X5 both are set to max but it is certainly at least 50% dimmer of the X5. I did some research but can only find similar issues with 3 series models which looks like a dealer update as there was obviously a problem with the brightness.
I have the following link but would like to know if anyone has also dim lights or know if there is a fix?

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... ?t=1076576

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Ambient Lightning Dim

Post by Turks » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:19 am

I think the Ambient Lighting has improved with each model generation. I was really disappointed with the Ambient Lighting in my M5 - it almost had to be pitch black outside to see it. My brother had a 435d and his Ambient was much better... now I have an F85, its better again with lots of colour choices.

A LED upgrade kit might now be available for the F15, or there may be compatibility in plugs with other models that have a brighter LED, but I don't know sorry.

Turks.