Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wiper "lift" for windscreen cleaning

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
StuBeeDoo

Wiper "lift" for windscreen cleaning

Post by StuBeeDoo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Since I bought my F25 I've struggled with getting the wiper blades away from the 'screen when it's wash time. I decided to check the handbook, and it details the process (ign. off, wiper switch past the resistance, etc, etc), but following the instructions to the letter I can't get the arms/blades to budge. :(
Is there likely to be a problem with the car, or just "operator error"?
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

Osprey2

Re: Wiper "lift" for windscreen cleaning

Post by Osprey2 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:36 am

Mine work but there is a point where I think I'm going to break something before they shift! I just lift the end of the arm in their parked position most of the time and careful with the bonnet lip :D

marti

Post by marti » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:31 am

What I use to do on a similar car I had was put the wipers on until they reach upright on the screen and turn the ignition off and they would stay upright......

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 am

Thanks for the replies. :thumbsup:

Actually, I meant to post yesterday. I tried again, and I've managed to get it to work properly. It must have been operator error. :(
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

alziebob

Post by alziebob » Mon May 18, 2020 7:47 pm

I just read the handbook "ignition on then off. move wiper lever (not actual wiper blade) up till resistance and hold for approx 3 seconds and the wipers will move to position on windscreen"

Hope this helps

Ceesums

Post by Ceesums » Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 pm

All I do is the following,
Ignition off, doors locked ready to wash.
Push the wiper blade in the direction it would normally sweep until it is near the top of its arc. Let go and lift off screen.
After washing the car, put blade back onto screen and push back in direction of sweep until in the usual rest position.
I’ve been doing this for nearly 2 years without issue.