Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vibration Noise - low speed

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
Villa Steve

Vibration Noise - low speed

Post by Villa Steve » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi All

For the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing an annoying vibration noise that appears to becoming from the left hand side of the vehicle. This only happens when the engine is warm and at low speeds 15-20 mph and between 1500-2000rmp.
When it first occurred I took the car back to BMW and whilst they could hear the noise they couldn't identify where it was coming from, however they did say they didn't think it was mechanical. A work colleague thought it may be exhaust related but I have taken it to my local garage and they have had it on a ramp and confirmed that the exhaust was sound.
Any suggestions (Other than turn the radio up) as it's driving me mad. My Vehicle is a 2015 (65) 2.00d auto

Tia

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Vibration Noise - low speed

Post by X5Sport » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:03 pm

By its very nature it has to be mechanical! That’s what vibration is.

Anyway, check for loose things like washer bottles, scuttles, hoses, wheel arch liners, engine covers, underside protection, trim panels etc. Anything that could create noise on that side of the vehicle if loose. A missing plastic rivet could allow it to happen.

I’ve got a ‘knock’ in our E46 that I can’t find and I think it’s somewhere in the front bumper assembly. Really annoying so I think I know how you might feel. :x :(
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.