Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Deactivate auto start-stop (and coding via foxwell)

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
Tomi1000

Deactivate auto start-stop (and coding via foxwell)

Post by Tomi1000 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:10 am

Hello gurus,
I have a 2012 x3 3.0d Auto.
I would like to set the auto start stop status to inactive as default.
There are some junctions where I cannot pull out quick enough as my engine is off and I need the 50 milisec (or so) to be safe there. I know I can deactivate it myself by clicking one button but I want to make the inactive default!
I read on many forums that you can code it with Foxwell NT510 so I bought one. I cannot find the way to do this with it. Do you have any experience? I know laptop sw is better but I only have nt510 and keen to use it.

Also i have auto door lock set active which is great, but it does not open the car once I took the ignition off or opened the drivers door which is a shame. I know this can also be coded and I would appreciate your help on this as well.
Can I also disable headlight washers somehow?
If you have foxwell tool, can you help me with the steps?
What else did you managed to code with foxwell?
If you never seen foxwell tool, can you help me with the name of the modules I need to change settings to make these happen?
Last edited by Tomi1000 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
E53 x5 2004 V8

Digidick

Re: Deactivate auto start-stop (and coding via foxwell)

Post by Digidick » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:16 pm

Carly For BMW and it’s Bluetooth adaptor is all you need.

How much was this Foxwell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:42 pm

Or WiFi adapter for IOS - and yes they are specific.  Android adapter is Bluetooth, IOS is WiFi.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Tomi1000

Post by Tomi1000 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi I checked Carly but it has an annual subscription £56 and charging extra for specific coding now...
Also It only works well (the coding bit) with the Carly wifi adapter (I have iOS).
My NT510 Foxwell tool was £120 and it does all the same + more with lifetime BMW sw updates.
The problem is that Carly is easy to use, and for Foxwell you need some knowledge, or enough guts to click through all stuff without killing your car...
On other forums, people stated that they did many things with foxwell... what I cannot figure out how to do. It would be great to have a step by step guide or some help confirming I am tinkering at the right area.
I may go with Carly later if I will give up with Foxwell..
Any foxwell users  here?
E53 x5 2004 V8

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Annual subscription to Carly?? Must be for new users as I certainly don’t pay anything.

If you’re anywhere near the Derby/Notts area I can do it for you with Carly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sat May 04, 2019 8:07 am

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I have the same query with the same car.

I'm in the North East and want my stop/start disabled. After 10 months with the car, it's really becoming tiresome now. :( I'm not IT-savvy, so I'd rather get someone to do the job for me. TBH, I'm not sure where to start asking. I did ask my local garage when I took the car for its MOT, but he said to ask a remapper. Any recommendations around Tyneside, or within an hour's drive, please?

Tomi1000......... I deactivated the autolock function in i-drive. You need to do it for each key, though.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

Dan1502

Post by Dan1502 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:05 pm

It's really easy with carly bmw and the bluetooth dongle but I was an early subscriber so continue to get quite a lot free once I've paid for the dongle. If you can find someone local they might do it for you. It is likely to get picked up by BMW when you take it in for a service. When mine last went in they said they had to re-flash the software to do the coding for the work they did.

I wouldn't normally mess with it but one thing was essential for me which is the digital speed readout as I can't see the speedo with the seat in the position I have it (and don't have a HUD) and the stop/start was important as it bugged me switching it off all the time. I didn't mind it in the manual mini we had as you had to go into neutral and take your food off the clutch for it to kick in but on this it's far too eager.

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Mon May 06, 2019 7:45 am

Thanks for ^^^ that. :thumbsup: However, when I tried to install software on my laptop (INPA??) to diagnose/code my E46 I had an absolute nightmare. When I finally got it working I somehow managed to totally screw settings on the car and had to get someone to correct my wrong-doings.

I'd rather pay someone who knows what they're doing than try to save a few quid.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)