Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nearside camera showing blue screen.

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
Minisi

Nearside camera showing blue screen.

Post by Minisi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:23 am

Hi all,

We have just brought a immaculate 2014 X3 30d which is pretty much fully loaded, absolutely over the moon with it.
Only one problem is that the nearside camera in wing mirror for top view is showing blue screen and is really annoying as the rest of the car is perfect in every way.

Does anybody know the part number for the just the camera itself and the connecting cable as I have read either one could be faulty.

I can only seem to find used wing mirrors for sale with camera built in, not the camera on its own.

Looks like there is moisture in the camera so I’m inclined to say it’s that but is there anyway of testing to prove it’s the camera and not the loom?

Thanks in advanced.

lezmtaylor

Re: Nearside camera showing blue screen.

Post by lezmtaylor » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 am

Private purchase or dealer ?
If dealer take it back and get them to fix it.....FOC.

Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube

Minisi

Re: Nearside camera showing blue screen.

Post by Minisi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:16 am

Was from a dealer. Wasn’t mentioned in the add that it was faulty but when I test drove it he mentioned it then obviously because I saw it. He said it happened when he jet washed the car the morning we bought it. I said at the time it was ok as it may be a easy fixed but was gutted as we had travelled a long way to view the car and the rest of the car is immaculate, so still went ahead and purchased the car.

He has given warranty on the car so I have a right to go back to him to get him to pay for it to be fixed?