Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW X3 f25 remote start

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
Martingg

BMW X3 f25 remote start

Post by Martingg » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:07 am

Looking for a system that I can remote start my BMW f25 3.0d. Does any one have any experience of retro fitting such a system or know of a system. Looking for something that I can remote start to heat/cool the car leaving doors locked before driving off. Any help also looking for advice on moving away from the run-flat tyres to standard type as the BM does not have the facility to carry a spare would need to carry a emergency tyre repair/inflator. Not sure how one of these if used affects the tyre pressure monitor in the wheel

StuBeeDoo

Re: BMW X3 f25 remote start

Post by StuBeeDoo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:21 am

I can't help with the remote start. In fact, are they legal now? I know a few years ago a friend of mind got fined and points on his licence for using one & having his engine running with no-one "in charge" of the car.

I don't run runflats, in fact my F25 didn't have them when I bought it. I have one of these in the boot. It was recommended by someone on here.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)