Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nav, Bluetooth and CD failure

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
Ollthenavyboy

Nav, Bluetooth and CD failure

Post by Ollthenavyboy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Got an 2012 F25 X3 with CIC nav system but the nav has stopped working. Along with the Bluetooth phone book and CD player all at the same time!

Nav just says “starting navigation system” and never goes any further

Bluetooth phone book just hangs on loading phone book.

CD player just says “checking”

Bluetooth audio works and can make and receive calls. Radio works, DAB works.

Anyone know anything about this? Not even sure what software I’d need to have a look at it myself!

HELP!

BMW have said £118 an hour to diagnose!

marti

Re: Nav, Bluetooth and CD failure

Post by marti » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Try the magic reset: disconnet battery for 20 minute plus...neg lead of first back on last...

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:40 pm

If you want to go down the route of getting a code reader then I use the Carly adapter and Carly App (myCarly.com). You will need a code read done in any case as that will be the first thing that BMW will do.

It could be anything from a fuse, corrupted boot up file to an actual hardware fault. I assume that you have checked all of the fuses? The CIC has multiple power and signalling connections so losing power on one circuit may not stop everything working but will upset some of the system.

The ‘battery reset’ suggested above used to cure all manner of problems - and again is a very early check most dealers will do anyway.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Ollthenavyboy

Post by Ollthenavyboy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:44 pm

No I haven’t checked the fuses actually will do tomorrow morning now.

Can Carly check the modules?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:55 pm

Carly will try to address each module to call any fault logs back and show them to you. You can email Carly with codes and they can help diagnose the error, if not the actual issue. It at least sets you on the right track. It found 24 logged errors on my F46 Gran Tourer, a lot of which are iDrive problems that the Dealer will look at when the car goes in for routine service shortly. It’s also found the Cruise Control camera keeps overheating and dropping out.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.