Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Idrive/connected drive queries

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
Old katana man

Idrive/connected drive queries

Post by Old katana man » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi all.
New F25 (MY2017) owner, please forgive my ignorance.
What is the best way to connect my music to the car? Amazon music unlimited.

What are the benefits of the Connected Drive app? Seems pretty basic (fuel in tank, range, , ave mpg, mileage of car)

Thanks

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Idrive/connected drive queries

Post by X5Sport » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:34 am

If you have a music player to it’s on your phone then Bluetooth is fine. I think Amazon Prime Music will connect via your phone too, rather than through the car - or at least that seems to be how my F46 does it.

On mine I can also have an on board data package, but it’s through Deutsche Telecom and was very expensive when I last checked. I was quoted £20/month for 1GB of data.

The Connected Drive app does just as you describe but I think that you can add road trips, call BMW Assistance and maybe a few other things as well as check the car’s status. Whether I will keep it going when it isn’t free any more I’m not sure.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Old katana man

Post by Old katana man » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:33 pm

Many thanks.

I've also been uploading CD's to the internal 20Gb Media but not sure how much they're being compressed by, or if importing music via USB will retain more quality.... guess I need to do more research as I suspect Bluetooth will be the 'poorest' quality. Could be wrong.

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:28 am

Do you have a premium sound system? I have the Bang and Olufsen system in my X5 and honestly I couldn't tell you the difference between a CD, my Hard Drive, or the Bluetooth...

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black