Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How long have your X-Drive tyres lasted?

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
Osprey2

How long have your X-Drive tyres lasted?

Post by Osprey2 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi folks,

having moved up from an E53 Le Mans (Ohhhh we miss it), our F25 X-line is now past it's 3rd anniversary and first MOT. I am coming to the life end of it's second set of tyres (P7 RFT) on standard 18" all round set up. I was wondering: :?
> Each set has lasted me almost 16k miles (I always change in 4's). Is that comparable with your experience?
> The dreaded RFT or not question :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Yes or no and if not, what did you change to?
I probably have around a months driving left before I'll change (3-4mm) so any feedback much appreciated :-D :-D

I use the car for mixed driving on A road, dual carriageways and city. occasionally on the motorway but not often. There are so many threads on here I know, but some fresh thought are useful.

Thanks in anticipation.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How long have your X-Drive tyres lasted?

Post by X5Sport » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:26 pm

On the X6 40d the OEM fitted Dunlop Sportmaxx were about 14k and the Bridgestone Deuller replacements about 22k. Now fitted with Continental ContactSport5 tyres but they’ve only been on for about 1,000 miles now.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Osprey2

Post by Osprey2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:37 am

Cheers X5..... :thumbsup:

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:46 am

It's not a totally like-for-like comparison, but the 17" non-runflat P7s on my F25 lasted in excess of 30k. I would say that my journey type is similar to yours.

My tyre discussion thread is here.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)