Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Xenons and European driving

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
StuBeeDoo

Xenons and European driving

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:06 am

We're going on a roadtrip around Europe in a few months. :D

I've been trying to find how to adjust the Xenons on my F25 for driving on the opposite side. Not finding anything obvious on the lights themselves, I resorted to checking the owner's handbook. On p.88 it says "Xenon headlight. Light distribution of the headlights automatically avoids dazzling of the low beam headlights when driving in a country in which the traffic drives on the opposite side."

I understand this to mean that there is nothing needs doing. Any confirmation or correction, please? I'm assuming I don't need light benders, either.

TIA
Stuart.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

Ceesums

Re: Xenons and European driving

Post by Ceesums » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:55 am

Hi, because the beam is flat, no adjustment is required.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:54 pm

As above, flat ‘Euro’ beam so nothing to do. If you have adaptive lights then don’t use the auto-headlight mode as that will swing the beam too far into oncoming traffic around left hand bends.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:15 pm

Thank you, both. :thumbsup:
X5Sport wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:54 pmIf you have adaptive lights then don’t use the auto-headlight mode as that will swing the beam too far into oncoming traffic around left hand bends.
The handbook does go on to say that, but thanks for reiterating it. :)
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)