Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Passenger Restraint System Warning...

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
MattX

Passenger Restraint System Warning...

Post by MattX » Sun May 10, 2020 11:39 am

Hi all,

Thanks to my messy wife, an object got stuck in the electric seat motor/gear. I had to unplug a few things under the seat to get my hand in to remove it.

Now I have an annoying dash warning about the passenger restraint system and to ensure safety belt is fastened.

I bought an OBD tool from Eurocarparts (streetwise) and downloaded the (paid) Torque Pro app which was the highest recommend app (even in the instructions for the tool itself)
But I can't find ANYTHING in the app to access this error or do anything much other than monitor engine functions.
I was of the belief I'd be able to clear the error and more.

Is it the app, is it the tool or is it me?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Passenger Restraint System Warning...

Post by X5Sport » Sun May 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Chances are that it’s the tool and the App. Many cars need specific tools such as BMWs NCS Expert to work with all of the codes and commands. The tool you have is listed as ‘only works with certain cars’ without listing them of course :x

If you unplug the seats with the car battery connected then you will trigger this warning.

I use the Carly App and IOS WiFi dongle on mine, and they are a bit more expensive to buy, (as well as needing an annual subscription for the full version Carly now).
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

MattX

Post by MattX » Sun May 10, 2020 1:33 pm

X5Sport wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:24 pm Chances are that it’s the tool and the App. Many cars need specific tools such as BMWs NCS Expert to work with all of the codes and commands. The tool you have is listed as ‘only works with certain cars’ without listing them of course :x

If you unplug the seats with the car battery connected then you will trigger this warning.

I use the Carly App and IOS WiFi dongle on mine, and they are a bit more expensive to buy, (as well as needing an annual subscription for the full version Carly now).
Does the Carly App only work with the Carly dongle or is the dongle you mention a 3rd party one?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun May 10, 2020 2:06 pm

It used to be proprietary so worth checking their website.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.