Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

May not be a true X2 but it’s a 2 series XDrive.....

BMW X2 (F39) discussion
X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May not be a true X2 but it’s a 2 series XDrive.....

Post by X5Sport » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Having spent a few months looking at cars to replace our Škoda Superb Estate, we tried out the X2 and 220d Gran Tourer.

I really (and surprisingly) found that the X2 door aperture height was too low for me to get in and out comfortably.  Being 6’4” doesn’t help when it comes to finding cars that I fit comfortably into.

So we went back to the drawing board and have now settled on a new Gran Tourer 220d MSport xDrive version.  It appears to have an 8-so auto (no manual). Just looking at the finance side (we’ll PCP it due to high annual mileage) and what discount I can wangle before placing the order.

These cars seem to be a bit of a Tardis inside and have a very flexible interior.  I think Sid10 had/has one of these too, and I know he was impressed.  There is also some kind of extra range fuel tank option now on offer, though no one at Baron’s knew what it actually offers in terms of capacity over the standard tank.  It’s only £40.

We don’t need anything as big as the X3 and as we are keeping the X6 we’ll have that as our long distance cruiser.

All being well, and if we can get a decent deal then I’ll order in the next month or so for summer delivery.

We had also looked at a new Škoda Karoq but the Dealer car had a broken electric seat with the stitching already failing.  Not exactly something to leave in the showroom as your example!  The Kodiaq fuel economy is sub-35 which is too low and for a 2-litre TDI not very impressive at all.
Last edited by X5Sport on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: May not be a true X2 but it’s a 2 series XDrive.....

Post by graemeX5 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi

I know Sid10 definitely had the 220d tourer a white one and his was well spec'd and he was amazed by the space it offered.

I think his was also a 7 seat option as well.

Graeme
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

sid10

Post by sid10 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi yes still got it! Fantastic just order with pan roof as it makes the interior much lighter , we should have spec d our with a towbar but was about £350 for a none factory one from a BMW dealer recommended supply and fitted. We went for a white one can't remember the colour but find it attracts the flies so maybe a blue one next time.
I managed to get a set of winter wheels and tyres for it and even 6" of snow couldn't stop it at Christmas.
Only had one problem the thing that clogs up is it the DPF needed replaced after 10k, was the 2nd one they had in doing. Covered under warranty though.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Sunroof definitely in the wanted list along with bike rack prep.  We have a towbar on the X6 so may not need it.

sid10

Post by sid10 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi not sure what the bike rack prep would be cost wise but cant see it being any more than a towbar ? The E84 X1 had 2 towing eyelets on the rear bumper for a bumper mounted bike carrier but not so lucky on the 220d Gran tourer .
  Give me a shout if you want to know anything else !
    regards
        sid10

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Bike Rack Prep = £160

Towbar = £600

As said, I have one on the X6 and have used it just twice in 7 years.  Of course fate will say if I don’t fit it then I’ll need it  :-[ :'( >:(

Could go either way to be honest - lots of playing with the Configurator at present  :)

Whatever we do, I am genuinely impressed with the design and capabilities it offers.
Last edited by X5Sport on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sid10

Post by sid10 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Hi as I said when we bought ours it was light years ahead of the X1 , felt better screwed together & much faster even though they were supposed to have the same engine , 400 nm from a 2 litre is amazing same as a V8 M3 . The interior space is great for our 3 growing boys and being able to keep them all seperate at times is a bonus they have all stopped complaining that they were cramped in the X1 .
Boot space is also amazing even bigger than the X5 , one or two things we would order next time would be the rear camera and the under bumper opener for when you have your hands full . The key opens and closes the boot if you keep your finger on it one thing we didnt realize . last thing is the auto park which once pressed finds a parking space big enough for the car then beeps , you still need to press the accelerater , put into reverse or forward but it is amazing that it can parallel park itself .
Good luck

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:20 pm

SID - what are you getting mpg wise from yours?  We’re probably going 220d either ‘Luxury’ or ‘MSport’ which means the 8sp auto.  I’ve the official figures but wondered what the real world looks like?

Been offered £5,260 discount so far.