Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

No coolant temperature gauge

BMW X2 (F39) discussion
Mike88

No coolant temperature gauge

Post by Mike88 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:36 am

I have a 2019 X2 XDrive and was astonished to find there is no water temperature gauge. As the displays on board are digital is there some way to find it in the menus? I've looked but can't find anything. I need a water temperature gauge as the car is often used in the Spanish heat in temperatures in excess of 40 degrees centigrade and I like to keep an eye on the water temperature.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: No coolant temperature gauge

Post by X5Sport » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:25 pm

Temp gauge vanished across many BMW models years ago - and I agree it is wrong. My last Škoda didn’t have one either although oil temp could be pulled up. I’ve not found it buried on our F46 but it may be something that a device mounted via the OBD2 port can read and provide? All I can see is a temp symbol that says ‘cold’ or ‘OK’.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

marti

Post by marti » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:16 pm

You will get a warning pop up on the screen, light on in the binacle and an audible warning if there's loss of coolant or temperature is to high...normally over 105C ish on a diesel and petrol.....

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:29 am

I bought a little gizmo that plugs in the obd port that shows the temp along with voltage speed and some other things.
Around £30 on amazon.
I have to have a temp gauge had one for nearly 50 years in a forgotten number of cars but i can't be without one.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks very much for the replies; all very helpful.